Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fati's: 6 Things I am Thankful For... (Final Part)

I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving, I know I did! I'm still feeling stuffed from all the yummy food!

We went to my friend's house in Lincoln, NE which is not that far from Omaha, only an hour away.  When we arrived she had made the turkey and Southern style dressin', which is like stuffing but made with cornbread. My boyfriend and I double teamed it and made beef taquitos which were scrumptious. And at the end of night, we celebrated with pumpkin pie!

After our dinner we decided to go Black Friday shopping at Target. I don't really shop on Black Friday, so I was shocked and amazed at how HUGE the line was. It was pretty much like a club like, it started at the front of the store and cornered the building. Our mission was to try to get in line since my friend's husband was trying to get a TV. That wasn't happening, so we decided to try Walmart. 

To make this long story short...he ended up not getting a TV, but bought a video game instead, I bought a sewing machine for $50 from Walmart, and we went back to my friend's house to play a game called Buzzer. What an eventful night!

Thinking about these events, makes me think of everything that I am thankful for. Here are the last three things I am thankful for:

#4 Boyfriend

We are two random peas in a pod. You compliment me with your nerdiness in techy stuff and I compliment you with my artsyness. We may like different things and do different things, but at the end we always have fun. Thank you for always supporting me and my projects and for always giving me advice to better myself. Thanks for brightening up my day with your randomness and your smile. I am so thankful to have you in my life! Te amo.


#5 Art
(Sylvia Ji)
I've always had a thing for art! I remember in my junior year of high school I really got into graffiti art. I was never big on doing big pieces on walls and stuff like that but I enjoyed drawing on people's black books and learning about different writing styles. I get so excited when I see street art because it's interesting to seen an artist's mindset when they are painting, or drawing, or even photographing something they have brainstormed and finally coming to life. 

Art is a way to escape reality and enter an imaginary world filled with vibrant colors and weird structured figures and characters. I am thankful for art, because I can express myself and bring out my creativity. I am able to express my emotions on a canvas or paper and set my mind free.


#6 Life
(Marcus Aurelius)

Life! How can I describe life... 

It is something you appreciate every moment of every day. You appreciate, you thank it because it is that thing that keeps you going. It is meant to be enjoyed, to be loved, to be lived drama-free. Life= YOU.

 I'm not much of a religious person, but I pray and give thanks to God for my life, for everything that I have accomplished thus far, for my family and for everyone that I care about, and for always protecting me. Looking back at the good and bad things that I have done in my life, it makes me motivated to change as an individual and live a better life than before. It has made me appreciate people and the little things that life brings. It has made me the person I am today!

THE END.

Thanks for taking the time in reading Things I am Thankful For !! More fashion and artist interviews coming up next week! Stay tuned!

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3


No comments:

Post a Comment