Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

My Style Mondays


Hello Everyone! 

Happy first week of December and Happy Monday!

Woah, wait! December? I can't believe we are already in the month of December! Shocked? I know, me too! Where have these months gone!! 

It's that time again to start creating those shopping and wish lists for Christmas and be on the look out for holiday deals. Whenever I do my own wish list, I can never remember what I want. Maybe some cool socks, or a nice sweater for the cold weather, or maybe even some bright colored pants. 

Which reminds me, that's what I wore to work today. Some bright, yellow, pants! Now, I'm not a really big fan of yellow but if you can be able to combine and make an outfit, then you are set! I mean yes it is bright and yes it is "out there", but you can always find a way to still look casual or business casual, if that's the look you are going for.


I don't remember where I bought my yellow pants, but I'm sure you can find colorful pants at Target (big fan of their patterned pants), Ross, JCPenney, Walmart, and other places. They are a nice fit and comfortable to wear. 


Yellow Pants: No Boundaries
Ruffled Blouse: Samlin Ladies
Mini Blazer: Danny & Nicole
Flats: Classified

Rummaging through my closet to find something to combine with these pants (like I said yellow is kind of a hard color to combine with), I finally picked out a blouse and a jacket to go with it! I decided to go with a patterned blouse with ruffles going down the middle and to top it off, a dark green, patterned mini blazer.  I chose dark green, because since it is a dark color it gave it a certain effect to the pants, like it toned the color down and gave it a more of a relaxed look rather than over the top. To accessorize, I wore some white and gold clip on earrings and basic pointy flats.



The outfit came out looking really nice and I got a bunch of compliments for the pants!

Tips on wearing bright colored pants/jeans:
  • Don't be afraid try it out!
  • Find colors that go with your skin tone
  • Wear light colored underwear if you are planning on wearing white pants or even yellow!
  • Neutral colored shirts/blouses are always nice, but if you are feeling daring try combining patterned blouses or shirts
  • Have fun! Fashion is all about experimenting. Find out what works and what doesn't and personalize it.
Need ideas on how to wear bright colored pants, check out lookbook: lookbook.nu 

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment