Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday is for...



Ever since I got that sewing machine from Black Friday, I've been craving ideas on what to sew next. Can't wait to show you all what my first completed project was, next week! I've never really hand sewn anything before so it was really good practice. I'm looking forward on doing more so stay tuned!!

Today I decided to visit a pin-up boutique that I had been researching about called Atomic Bombshells. It's a cute little shop with Bettie Page dresses, swim suits, accessories, and more. It reminded me of a shop back in LA called My Baby Jo, everything made here in the USA. From what I've noticed there's not very many pin-up shops or any at all in Omaha, which is a bummer, but its exciting to see something you recognize. As I looked around I found a pink dress with a pirate, mermaid and other little characters. I had to try it on!


I really liked the way the dress fit and how it looked. I've never really worn a pink dress before but I thought that this shade of pink was just perfect. It wasn't too bright or too dark and the colors on the characters complimented it well. I'm really glad I found this store! Definitely saving up to get this dress! 

After my trip to the pin-up boutique, I decided to go along for the ride and check out the Goodwill's in the area. One thing I like about Goodwill is their massive selection of clothes, on the downside though you gotta rummage through the clothes to find what you are looking for. But at times its fun because who knows what you might find. 

These were My Finds of the Day:


This is a vinyl clock. I wanted to buy it but it didn't seem to work! Sad Face. But it looked pretty 
cool though, besides it not working and all.


I thought this canvas was really nice with such great detail. It would make a great addition somewhere in the living room or just to have as decoration. Definitely takes you back to the 1920's. 


This St. John's Bay purse is for sure a keeper and plus its only $5. I really liked it because of its retro design of the two women shopping and it shows a lot of femininity.  Also there's a small wallet inside for your phone, when you're on the go!



I really really really wanted to buy these shoes but they weren't my size =(. But these loafers do look comfortable and they would make a great addition to an outfit. 


The gold and black buttons really mesh well with the plaid pattern on this blazer. And it also includes shoulders pads. It would make a great pair with a solid black dress or if your going more for a street style look, pair it up with colored pants.

I had a lot of fun looking at different clothes and picking out what caught my attention. That's one of the things I like to do when I go thrift shopping, go with an idea in mind. I mean it may be challenging because maybe what you want is something too specific, but you're bound to find it eventually.

Well, off to bed I go!
Happy Thrifty Thursday!

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3


No comments:

Post a Comment