Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!

Alas the day has come! Get ready to grab your fork and knives and sit around the table with friends and family and get a plate full of goodness. It's not only a day of delicious food but it's a day filled with appreciation and remembering why we celebrate this holiday.

Every Thanksgiving my family and I go to the local civic center in Santa Monica and we distribute food to the community. It feels good to contribute back and know that you are doing a good deed. There are many ways you can contribute. I know churches may be having activities or even a local non-profit like the Red Cross.You can also make food baskets or donate canned food for families in need. 

Speaking of food, one of the things that I miss from home is home-cooking. Instead of the old, traditional cooking of the turkey as the center piece, we make Pan con Pavo which is roast turkey with sauce. It is a Salvadoran recipe that will leave you wanting more. 


This is definitely something I need to learn how to make because it is DEEELIIISSSHH!!! If you have not tried this before, I suggest you should! Like my aunt says, "Don't say NO if you haven't tried it". 

Now that you know what my favorite Thanksgiving platter is...
What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Have a Happy, Jolly, Merry Thanksgiving!! Check out my next blog post for more of Fati's, 6 Things I am Thankful For!


From LA, With Luv
Fati <3





No comments:

Post a Comment