Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fati's: 6 Things I'm Thankful for

(Image found here). 
Thanksgiving is right around the corner!

For many of you it's been an exciting week filled with shopping, preparation, work, or just getting everything ready for that big dinner you'll be having. Or maybe even doing some little Black Friday shopping.

But whatever it may be; through the hustle and bustle of our daily lives it's always good to stop for a second and think about what we are thankful for.

This week I decided to dedicate my blog to  Fati's, 6 Things I'm Thankful For.

The first one is:
#1 Family

(From the left: Sister, dad, brother, myself, & mom)

One of my biggest influences is my family. My parents come from two different cultural backgrounds, religions, & traditions, but like many, migrated to the US for a better life filled with more opportunities. I still find it interesting to learn about how my parents met and how their lives were back in their home countries.  Looking back at their personal experiences, I have learned to value my culture and my identity. My family has made me the mujer I am today and I am truly blessed.

 I want to give thanks to my family for always supporting me and for always giving me that extra push to try harder in accomplishing my goals. I give them thanks for always showing me the meaning of life through their perspective and for always teaching me how to survive in the real world. Although we may have our ups and downs but at the end of the day, it's that unconditional love that will never break us apart. 

What are you thankful for?


From LA, With Luv
Fati <3 





No comments:

Post a Comment