Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Peace, Love, & Junk!


Over the weekend, I decided to leave the city for a bit and venture out west toward rural Nebraska for a music and antique festival called, Junkstock. It's a 3-day event that happens every year on the fields of an old Dairy farm. Vendors from different parts bring wondrous antiques, vintage finds, and re-purposed items; some which even date back when my grandparents were young! 



As I paid the $5 entrance fee, I saw that there were numerous booths to visit and things to look at that I just had to pick a booth and see what nifty things I could find. 

The Barn & Vendors

Metal Daisies

Vintage License Plates

At one of the booths, they had a table that had a giant sign that said "Speed Zone", two bowling pins, a mini tool organizer, and a silver tray filled with little squared letters. As a child at heart I had to play with the block letters and spell my name!


TA-DAH!

In the middle of the grassy field near the booth I was in I found a live band performing. What was cool about it was that a new band would perform at every hour and you would get a chance to experience new kinds of music like blues, acoustic/folk, and even bluegrass. I really enjoyed listening to the sounds of banjos and guitars, it was refreshing. 


As I continued to walk and play "I SPY" at every booth that I visited, I found a barn that had a giant peace sign, formed of colorful tires! A perfect picture moment to remember.


Hat- Goorin Bros.
Bag- Angela & Roi
Shoes- Macy's
Belt- Charlotte Russe 
Dress- Scout Dry Goods


Later on in the day...

I had a really great time at Junkstock and I hope to come back next year. I like the fact that it's 3-days and not just one, since there is so much to look at and little knick-knacks to find. Next time I'll be sure to bring a bigger bag and more money to spend cause you never know what you're gonna go home with!


From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment