Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Artist Feature: Eden Sanchez

This week's Artist Feature is on the lovely, Eden Sanchez. She is originally from Long Beach, California and is known for her contemporary and abstract paintings. She participated in the Nasty Women Art Exhibition and displayed some of her art pieces at Picture Perfect Gallery in Lancaster, two months ago. I had the opportunity to interview Eden and learn more about her paintings. Read all about it below!  


Fatima Alliyani: When did you start painting?

Eden Sanchez: All my life. I didn't want dolls, I wanted art and school supplies. Not many people knew that I painted. It took me up until a few months back to muster up the courage to show my art to the world. There's very much emotion and feeling in a lot of my work that I put in that basically use to make me feel vulnerable if I showed it.  

FA: How would you describe yourself as an artist?

ES: As an artist, I am able to see life and experiences through different eyes which if very difficult for me to describe. My artwork tends to carry a message and is a way for me to speak out on issues that affect us all. 


FA: Where is your favorite place to paint and what inspires you? 

ES: I paint 95.7% of the time in my studio. Everything inspires me; life, death, the unknown, events, experiences, emotions, etc.

FA: Why do you paint or create art? 

ES: I can't help myself. Most of the time it's because I have something to say. As cliche as it may sound, art is how I express myself. That's why I love abstract art! It's all about pure energy and raw emotion. Letting go. It gives me a chance to escape into another realm.

FA: I saw that you participated in the Nasty Women Art Exhibition, tell me about that?

ES: It was a great pleasure to participate in this movement alongside with hundreds of artists across the nation with a very big and important message. Don't mess with women and don't mess with anybody else's lives for that matter! 

FA: When you're not painting or doing artsy thangs, what are you up to?

ES: I enjoy hiking and reading but I love looking for new things to try, especially food!

FA: Are there any projects that you're currently working on or any upcoming art shows?
ES: I'm currently working on a new series. Coming soon!

FA: Where can people find your work?

ES: I currently have a few pieces showing in Lancaster, CA at the Picture Perfect Gallery until February 28th. 


Some of her artwork!


"Creator"

"Woman Almighty"

"Cosmic Dreams & Golden Wings"

"Untitled"

"Astral Traveler"

A quick thanks to Eden for letting me feature you on my blog and for letting me use your photos! 

If you want to see more of Eden's artwork follow her on Instagram @artworldofeden!

Until next time,
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment