Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My Weekend at Omaha Fashion Week 2017

This past weekend I attended Omaha Fashion Week. This event went from February 21-26th and took place at the Omaha Design Center which is located in Downtown Omaha. I didn't get to attend the first three nights due to work and school but I heard a lot of great things about them. There was a Kids Rule fashion show where kids ages 5-12 had the opportunity to walk down the catwalk and also a Cancer Survivor show which featured over 100+ survivors as they took over the runway wearing items from local boutiques and shops. 

I attended the Saturday show which was the Designer Showcase III and featured designers such as Michael Drummond who was the headliner of the show, Mitchell Henderson, Madyssen Jean, Hannah Swanson, Mayaklee Gayed, Crystal Brakhage Designs, and Jane Round. 

Before the show commenced, I had some time to walk around and see what else they had going on. They had a variety of cool art pieces and sculptures from local artists, a photo booth area with a red carpet, some pop up shops, and much more. I even got to take a picture in the photo booth!





As I entered the main room, I saw two giant screens with timers to let us know when the show was about to begin. All the guests started filing in as they looked for their row and seat numbers. Every seat had a Omaha Fashion Magazine that guests could take home. 



As 8'o clock hit, the show began and the crowd went wild. Well, not really but they were pretty excited when the models came out on the runway. Below are some photos that I took throughout the show. 





I spotted some of the models after the first half of the show. I absolutely loved the flowery designs on Michael Drummond's pieces and the stitching details on Madyssen Jean's pieces. 




As the second half of the show began, one of the models came out wearing the famous SAC Federal Credit Union, Money Dress. This dress was made entirely out of money, can you believe that!?






Overall, I had a lot of fun attending Omaha Fashion Week. I think my favorite part of the night was seeing the different pieces that each designer put together as their collection and just admiring their work. I love attending these types of events because you get to appreciate fashion as a form of artistry and see the creativity that goes into creating a unique ensemble. 

Shout out to all the models, they did an amazing job working that runway and to the OFW crew for putting on a great event!

For more photos of Omaha Fashion Week, follow them on Instagram at @OmahaFashionWeek or check our their website, https://omahafashionweek.com/blog/


Until next time,
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment