Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

5 Reasons We Love To Travel ft. Marichuy


Traveling has been on my mind lately and I can't figure out where I want to visit next. There's so many places to see and do that I try to keep an ongoing checklist of places that I have previously visited or have been told to check out. I have a few trips lined up for this month and next month like a trip to Las Vegas that I'll be doing for one of my friend's 30th birthday next weekend (Yay!) and my cousin's wedding in Indiana in May. A lot of fun events coming up and I can't wait to experience them all. 

For this blog post, I collaborated with one of my good friends and lifestyle blogger, Marichuy from The Real Marichuy, as we share with you all 5 reasons why we love to travel. Read all about it below!



1.) Planning aka "The Logistics"
I think planning is a fundamental thing when it comes to traveling. I learned about this whenever I would plan trips to visit my family in California. One of the things that I started doing is that I started creating an excel sheet where I would write down a list of activities that I would want to do out there and an estimated budget of how much I might spend. Majority of the times I'm with my family but other times I may go out with friends or go sight seeing. It helps me to see the big picture and the details that go into my trip. There may be times where my travel plans may not go the way that I planned it like a delay or something, but it's good to have an idea and/or a visual of your overall trip. 


2.) Packing
Ah packing. I think the process of packing is different for every one ha ha. I enjoy packing because I get to put outfits together and see what patterns go well with eachother. I also enjoy it because I get to pick out items that are comfy and that can be easily used for a day and night outfit. I know weather is a big thing especially depending on what season you're flying in, but I usually look at the weather to get an idea of what I am expecting or in other times I usually bring a light-heavy jacket, just in case. 




3.) Checking into your hotel
There's something about staying in a hotel that is just a perfect weekend or vacation getaway. I don't know if its the feeling that I am away from home for a small amount of time or that I'm staying in a new city, but it's always a good start to any trip. One of the things I do once we (my boyfriend and I) reach our hotel room, I always run to the bed and just star fish it (where your arms and legs stretch out like a starfish.) If you've never done this before then I recommend you do it because it feels awesome. It's like the best feeling after a long drive or flight. Another thing I love doing whenever I stay in a hotel is opening the blinds and seeing the view. It's a perfect Hello!


4.) The Cool Spots
Whenever my boyfriend and I are traveling, my "duty" is to look for the cool spots. This is one of my favorite things to do because I get to find places or things to do based on our interests and then we go check them out. Majority of the time we're pretty spontaneous. We usually drive around and if we see something that grabs our attention we go. Other times we use our handy dandy Yelp app for reviews and helpful tips. We may even ask the locals for suggestions, which is also pretty helpful. My favorite places to visit are vintage shops, art museums, record stores, capturing graffiti art, etc. 


5.) Live in the Moment
Last but not least is to have fun and to live in the moment! The feeling of being in a different place and to be able to share that experience with family and friends is what makes your adventure priceless!


There are many more reasons of why I love to travel but I will save that for next time. For now, head on over to Marichuy's blog to read about her awesome adventures and her 5 reasons why she loves to travel!






Until next time,
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment