Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You!

Happy last Friday of 2016 everyone! 

Wow! I can't believe that it's going to be 2017 already. I know 2016 had a lot of ups and downs but I am hoping that this new year is filled with new opportunities to grow in whatever our goals may be and I hope that we can continue learning about one another and continue educating ourselves on things that are happening locally and around the world. Gotta stay optimistic, right!?

Talking about goals, one of my friends had asked me today, what my New Year's resolution was. It was a hard question to answer because l am always looking for ways to better myself and to be confident in what I do. I think ultimately, one of my goals is to continue being active on my blog. It's difficult because I work a full time job and also take classes on the side, so I'm more of a part time blogger than anything. But I would like to continue sharing with you projects that I am working on and possibly do more collaborations with artists/brands. So we shall see what this new year brings! 
In the mean time, I wanted to share with you all a little bit about myself with these get to know me questions that I found online. Enjoy!



  1. Age: 26
  2. Degree: BA in Global Studies
  3. Job: Educational Navigator (helping families to find resources in the community, establish educational goals, etc. It's kinda like a social worker but not really.)
  4. Sign: Leo :)
  5. Piercings: 6
  6. Tattoos: 3
  7. Language(s): Spanish, English, Spanglish and learning some Urdu. 
  8. You Might Not Know: I am the oldest of my siblings. My brother is 22 and my sister is 20. 
  9. Special Talents: I doodle random characters 
  10. Sports: I enjoy running marathons. 
  11. Hobbies: Painting, photography, going to the gym, painting my nails, going to concerts/shows, traveling, etc. 
  12. What I Miss: My family, the beach, and going dancing.
  13. Qualities I Value Most: Honesty, compassion, confidence, having an open mind 
  14. Favorite Color: Black, dark purple, mint green
  15. Favorite Food: I'm open to trying new things 
  16. Favorite Song: I don't really have a favorite song, but I am really diggin' "Greenlight" by Pitbull. 
  17. Favorite Bands: The Cure, Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Cafe Tacuba, etc.
  18. Favorite Concerts: The Cure, Toro y Moi, The Growlers
  19. Favorite Flower: Sunflowers :)
  20. Favorite Show(s): American Horror Story, Game Thrones, and Jane the Virgin to name a few.
  21. Favorite Book: Always Running by Luis J. Rodriguez
  22. Favorite Quote: "Tu eres una luchona"- My mom 
  23. The reason I started blogging: I started my personal blog, On The Streets with Fati about 2.5 years ago. I had just moved to Omaha from Los Angeles and I needed something to keep me occupied. I know that throughout the transition of moving from home to living the "adult life" and trying to find a job, I got really depressed and home sick. I had the idea of starting a blog before, but I just never did it. My boyfriend, Daniel encouraged me to JUST DO IT. It was easier said than done. It was a scary feeling because I didn't know if people were going to like it/ read it or if I was even good enough to start one. After a few hours of contemplating and getting those negative thoughts out of my head, I just went for it. I started blogging because I wanted to share with readers about my travels, personal style, about my culture, and connect with other like minded people!
  24. Fears: This is a bit of a weird phobia but I am scared of waterfalls and giant water fountains. I don't really remember why or how it happened that I got scared of waterfalls but all I know is that whenever I hear one or see one I get really anxious. Don't get me wrong I think they're beautiful but nope, can't do it. Ha-ha
  25. Last thing that made me cry: Reading a Christmas card my tia sent me 
  26. Last time I said I loved someone: This morning 
  27. Meaning behind my blog name: I have always been influenced by city life and by living in LA I had the opportunity to get to know about different events that were going on. I called it On The Streets because whenever I would walk around I felt like there was so much more to see than when you're driving. You don't really get to capture the culture or overall environment. I think it represented me because I'm always going out and looking for events to go to. And 'Fati', well that's short for my name, Fatima. A lot of people can't pronounce my name so I gotta give them some options, but a lot of my close friends called me 'Fati'. 
  28. Currently Reading: Good to Great by Jim Collins & Mindworks by Gary van Warmerdam
  29. Places I want to visit: India, Egypt, Mexico, pretty much anywhere! 
  30. Last place I traveled to: Kansas City & Chicago 
  31. Any Instruments I play: I'm a pro at playing the air guitar and air drums! haha I used to play the violin and flute when I was in elementary and middle school.


P.S. I want to THANK YOU for your continuous support and for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate you all very much! If there is anything you would like me to write more about or any suggestions/words of wisdom to help me improve my blog and your reader experience, feel free to comment below!

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!


Until next time,
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment