Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Style it up With Coral

Hey hey chicas and chicos, I hope everyone is having a fantabulous week! It's almost the weekend, Yay!

I want to introduce to you all my good friend and co-worker, Coral Hernandez. She was born and raised in Puerto Rico and is an ESL teacher at the center that I work at called the Learning Community Center of South Omaha. She is also training to become a Yoga instructor! You go girl! I had seen Coral wearing some pretty dope outfits this past week and I asked her if I could feature her on the blog! 

Check out my quick interview with her and learn about how she styles her clothes below!


Fatima Alliyani: Describe your look, miss thang!
Coral Hernandez: This particular outfit is comprised of a long sleeve wrap cardigan and some color block scuba pants, both from Goodwill. [The] paid short sleeve [blouse] is from Forever 21 and the blue ballet flats were a gift from my awesome momma that she bought back home in Puerto Rico. 

FA: What do you usually look into when you are shopping for clothes (comfort, style, size, versatility, etc.?)
CH: I tend to check how I'm feeling before I choose an outfit. I always have my base items like black cardigans and black pants. I'm really into blues and I always make sure to have a pair of bright blue shoes in my closet. I don't know they, but they make me happy!

My style [also] relies on a lot of comfort. I don't like to feel cold or squeezed in or hang out all over the place. I still want to remain quirky while sporting flattering pieces. I guess I'd describe myself as happy goth, [because] I love wearing black, but I like to add some pops of color here and there. My outfits need to take me from work to the tons of extracurriculars I always have going on.



FA: Where are your favorite places to shop at?
CH: My clothing haunts are a combination of Marshalls, Goodwill, and Amazon.com. I LOVE LulaRoe maxi skirts and leggings too! I never buy anything at regular price while remaining mindful of buying cheap stuff that won't last. I comment Lane Bryant and Torrid for their efforts in Plus Size fashion, but they're not all that accessible to everyone in the price department. 

I do love H&M for their clothing recycling program and for their nice selection of fashionable items. What I don't appreciate is that they overcharge you for the same design if it's bigger than an "L". Would that mean that "XS" sizes should get a store credit?

FA: Lastly, what is one article of clothing that every woman should have in their closet?
CH: Essential items for me and virtually what I always pick from my closet when I'm not at work are organic cotton tees in black, black jeans, or cargos and vintage boots. Fun maxi skirts and black cold shoulder tops are also in heavy rotation when the weather gets warm because like to show off my shoulder tattoos!





Thanks again Coral for letting me feature you on the blog and for sharing your style tips! Have an style tips you wanna share on my blog? Write me a comment below!


From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment