Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Sundays are Meant for Dresses! (Post-Easter Edition)

Happy belated Easter everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating and spending time with family! Whenever Easter comes around, I always think back to when I was younger; I remember the night before Easter my mom would bring out a tray of saved cascarones (egg shells) and my younger brother, sister, and I would sit around the table and paint them. To make it even more exciting, we would add pieces of confetti in them and covered them with colorful tissue paper. 

On Easter Sunday, my family and I would wake up early and get ready to attend Sunday mass. Since we would go to the Spanish-speaking mass, I always saw children and adults dressed in their Sunday's best. Once the mass was over we would drive to my grandma's house to have a carne asada (barbecue). Even though we're all grown up now, I still remember those good times and the egg hunts we would have in my grandma's backyard. We would always laugh whenever someone got a confetti egg cracked on them.

Since both, my boyfriend and my family, don't live in Omaha we spent Easter getting ice cream after mass and watching movies on Netflix. Looking at how beautiful it was yesterday, I wanted to share with you all my Easter outfit!



Who knew that T.J. Maxx would have some really cute clothes! I bought this Juniors Peter Pan Collar Chambray Dress for like $20. It was a bit expensive for me since I'm on a budget but it was totally worth getting! I love the fact that it has a collar and how the gray and the white go hand in hand giving the dress a school girl-esk look to it. Seeing how the dress was a bit big on me, I paired it up with a thin, blue belt. I have never actually worn the crescent moon and star tights prior to this, so it was a bit of an experiment for me to see how it would look and it turned out great! *If you have a gray chambray dress like this you could also wear it with some colored tights like mustard yellow or even fuchsia for a more fun look.

Lastly, I completed my outfit with some white and speckled colored flats from Sam and Libby and a pair of flamingo, gemmed earrings made by artist Billy Nova.






What's your favorite Easter memory or favorite Easter outfit!?



*Photo courtesy of Google and Daniel N.



From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment