Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Brighten up Your lips with Revlon ColorStay Lipsticks!


So, lately I have been on this weird lipstick craze where I've been trying out different lipstick shades to see which one(s) go well with my skin tone. Seeing how Spring colors are already in season, I have been sticking to warm colors such as pinks, light reds, and nude. I'm also a bit picky on the type of lipstick I wear since there are some that I heard that leave your lips dry and parched. We don't want that!

My friend recommended me to try out the Color Stay OverTime Lipsticks by Revlon because they last up to 16 hours and have over 26 different shades. They are a dual ended lip color plus a moisturizing, glossy top-coat; made of chamomile and soy extract, for that overtime shine. I bought a few Color Stay Lipsticks at Walgreens which cost about $10.79 (currently are on sale-buy one, get one 50% off w/ Wellness card) and decided to give them a try. 

I don't normally wear any lipstick to work but I have been using three of the Color Stay shades for the past few weeks now and I gotta say, I'm really liking the way the color sits on my lips. 


This color is called, "Bare Maximum" it looks a bit pink-ish on the tube but when you put it on it's like a nude color with a hint of sparkle to it. In my opinion, I think it's a great color if you want to keep it simple but have some shimmer on your lips.


The second color I bought is called, "Perennial Plum". From the looks of it, it's like a purplish pink. For some reason I thought this shade was going to darker but it turns out it's on the lighter side. It's a really cute color for any occasion!


Last but not least is the lip color called, "Always Sienna". From the looks of it, it's like a deep red with a small tint of brown to it. What I like about it is that it's right in the middle, not too light and not too dark. It's a great color if you're going out with friends or on a nightly stroll around town.

Out of the three, I honestly don't have a favorite. I think they're all are great colors to have for different occasions as mentioned above. You're probably wondering, since it says "Overtime stay", has the color ever rubbed off? In my opinion ,there's probably been one or two times where I've had to re-apply another coat of color to my lips, but other than that the color is pretty much there and it doesn't bleed when being applied, which is awesome!


If you're looking into trying new lipstick shades for your skin tone or want a fresh new look for Spring, I suggest you try out some of the Color Stay OverTime Lipsticks by Revlon! You can find these at your local Walgreens or any store(s) that carry cosmetics!




From LA, With Luv
Fati <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment