Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Runner's Guide:


Running is about preparation and practice. It's about seeing how far or fast you can go without stopping. It's about having fun and accomplishing that personal goal. 

My personal goal this past week has been to run a mile or so for at least 30 minutes, non stop. It was kind of hard since I haven't ran in a while, so I just walked most of the time. I usually start off with a simple jog or walk around the track to warm up and then start to run. It's all about those baby steps!

But before I start doing any of that, I wanna take a step back and share some helpful running essentials.

Wearing comfortable clothes is always helpful when you are doing something active. Since work out clothes are meant to be light-weight you are able to be more flexible and some are even sweat resistant. I usually stick with a good ol' cotton t-shirt and some yoga pants. 


For all you shoe lovers out there, shoes are a basic necessity no doubt about that. But finding the right shoe for your feet is important, because not all shoes are going to fit the same, in my opinion. I remember in high school I had some running shoes that had air things on the heel and it was just uncomfortable to run with them. 

To find the right shoe you gotta take into consideration what surface you are running on such as on a track, on the road, on a trail, or even a treadmill. They are all important because of the footwork that you do, going up and down. I recently started wearing Nike running shoes. I find them to be really comfortable and give a lot of support to my feet since I do a lot of running on the sidewalk and on the track. They are also really light and it has a cushion for your heel, so that's a plus!


Water is important regardless if you are doing something active or not. It's good to keep your body hydrated with fluids continuously. Protein shakes are also helpful to keep your body moving and energized. 


Having a good playlist is a good companion when working out. It's a way to keep motivated and engaged with whatever you are doing. I find Pandora radio to be my best friend when I am on the go. 


What types of things do you use when you are exercising?


From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment