Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Run Like You Mean It!


Back in high-school, I used to be part of a running club where we would meet each and every week and work on distance running. We'd attend races of all kinds like 5k's, 10k's and so on, all in preparation for the LA Marathon. I had never ran a big marathon especially one that was 26.2 miles, so I was nervous. But, being part of a running club gave me the motivation and drive that I needed to train each week and watch my progress grow. I felt at ease knowing that I wasn't the only one that has never ran a marathon before. There were other running club members that had ran it before and gave us tips on breathing techiniques and what to expect on the day of the marathon. I loved the feeling of adrenaline rush whenever my running buddy and I would sprint to the finish line after completing a10k race and the constant support from my friends and family.

I feel really proud of  having completed my first 26.2 mile marathon back in 2008. It was one of my biggest accomplishments, other than graduating high school of course. (ha ha!) 


 Omaha Marathon


Today, I am training to run the 2015 Omaha Half-Marathon in September. I haven't ran in a while so the feeling of nervousness is back, but I have confidence that it will be a fun process to do all over again.

Nutrients

Training

Can't wait to continuing sharing with you all my experience and also marathon/race training tips. More to come!

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment