Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend Adventure to Minnesota Part 1


This weekend my boyfriend and I decided to get out of Omaha for a little bit and venture out to Minnesota; home of the Minnesota Vikings and known for its largest city, Minneapolis! A few things I was looking forward to seeing in this trips was the Mall of America, art around the city, and just things that we had never seen before. 

Look here's a photo of us looking pretty excited!!



Our first stop was the Mall of America. When we first got to the parking lot I couldn't believe how big it was, I felt as if we were going to Disneyland cause of the traffic and the rows of cars waiting to find parking. Alright, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but, it was pretty big. As we entered, I saw people sitting down with their bags on the floor and their faces looking tired as if they had been walking for hours.  Once we got to the center of the mall, I was speechless. Four stories filled with 520 stores, 50 restaurants and attractions, and the nation's largest indoor theme park! Also did I mention that there's no sales tax on clothes or shoes! Crazy right! 

There are so many things to look at, where do you start!


Welcome to the jungle, I mean mall!

When you walk to the south end of the mall, towards the south food court you are able to see this giant Transformer figure made out of Legos. It was a sight to see! I wonder how many Legos it took to make this and the other creations around it.

Giant Transformer made out of Legos!

The indoor amusement park was just breathe-taking, I'm still wondering how they fit that all in one mall!


Indoor Amusement Park & Nickelodeon Universe

After we made our rounds around the mall, I spotted this cute vintage boutique called Tatyana, a retro inspired dress shop. I had to go inside and take a look. And of course try on some clothes!

*Those high-waist pants would look great with some wedges and a red belt. 
Pants: Carpenter Capri- $134.00
Blouse: Tie-N-Go Flower- $45.00

Dress: Windward- $132.00

They even have men's clothes!


One of the girls there had on this lovely cherry dress! 

She's wearing: Wild Berries dress- *On sale for $84.00

After our mini detour at Tatyana's we continued to walk around and see what other things this mall didn't have. My boyfriend had been wanting to get some nice dress shoes and a minimalist wallet, so we found a store called Johnston & Murphy. This store is known for their craftsmanship in shoes, classic style clothes for men and women, and leather goods such as wallets & messenger bags. We met this delightful gentleman who helped us out and posed for me for a photo! I gotta say, I really like his mustache!

Briefcase/messenger bag: Vintage Collection Flapover Briefcase- $395.00

After 4.5 hours of walking, going on roller coasters, seeing the different stores, and meeting cool people, we decided to leave. What I liked about the mall was that there are different themes on each floor that you go on. At one point we saw a giant chandelier dangling. One of the things I should of brought with me was my walking shoes, because you can walk for hours and not even realize where the time has gone. Then again time flies when you're having fun right!

 More to come on part 2 of my weekend in Minnesota!

Happy Blogging!

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment