Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Paint Your Own Pug


This week I wanted to share with you all a mini art project that is fun and would a great addition on your wall! 

Materials that I used for my project are:
1 #2 Pencil 
1 brush set
1 blank canvas panel
5 bottles of Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
1 newspaper/used magazine

Choosing your object/model:


I chose to draw a pug because of their interesting facial expressions and also I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. As I browsed through Google, I found this awesome pug illustration by pugslope.com. I thought it was a good example to use since it's simple and you can see the details on the dog's face. I used this as a guide to draw my own pug.

Let's Begin...



I started off by sketching my pug and what I wanted as a background. Once that was done, I painted over the canvas using acrylic paint by Apple Barrel. I was debating if I wanted to paint the background or the pug first,  butI just thought it was easier to paint the back. Even though I painted over it, I could still see the light sketch marks that I made. I used those line and re-sketched the figure of the pug.



Once that was complete, it was time to paint it. I used the colors; chocolate brown for the mouth, ears, & outlining of the eye. And khaki for the body & face. One thing I love about painting is experimenting with the different brushes.  I used the thin brushes to outline the areas where the eyes were going to be and I used the broader brush for the body and ears.


Progress...




I used a light brown for the eyes as well as a thin brush to make the outline in and around the eyes and face. You can see the photo coming to life!


The end piece! 

I had a really fun time doing this project. It was a bit of a challenge seeing how the eyes were going to look and how the overall piece was going to turn out. But it turned out great! The best thing is to get out of your comfort zone and draw different things so you can keep practicing your skill. Like they always say, Practice makes perfect!

From LA, With Luv
Fati <3

No comments:

Post a Comment