Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

For the LOVE of Vintage!

    It seems like Vintage items never get old!! They are the new collectibles and the new "hot" items when looking at street style fashion. I kinda stopped shopping at malls just because I saw the same style of clothes in every store like Forever 21, Love Culture, etc. Then again they do have cute clothes so its worth a look.
But when entering a thrift shop, or vintage store you get a variety of clothes. Although they are old and untrendy clothes that used to be worn when it was the "cool" thing to wear, people can make it look popular again. Just add a few alterations and POOF! Its poppin'. Or even the way one wears it can grab anyone's attention.

Here is one of the items that I found while shopping at a Goodwill in Chico, CA. I didn't really make any alterations to the dress but I just accessorized with pearls, bowler hat, and wedges. This was from a photoshoot I did with a really awesome hat company called Goorin Bros. They have all kinds of retro looking hats that take you back to the 1920's and on. Give them a look: http://www.goorin.com/

The hat I'm wearing: 



Blueberry Hill Wool Cloche
$130.00













Its just always an interesting experience to look around and see what you can find. What interesting items have you found?? Share your story!

For the Love of Vintage!

For more on my vintage finds follow me on Instagram: Pocket_fullof_Funshine

Stay positive my friends!
You're On the Streets with Fatima A. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment