Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Goodbye LA... Hello Omaha!

Its interesting to see and hear people's reaction when I tell them that I moved from LA to Omaha, Nebraska. Their mouths drop and ask Why? What's out there? That's a random place to go.

I had never thought of moving to Nebraska, but it felt like an interesting place to visit and a start of a new experience.

The first day I arrived I was shocked. Culture shock. Everything was just... different. I guess I was a little close-minded when you're supposed to be open-minded upon going to another place. As my boyfriend drove more into Omaha passing the greenery, the gas stations, and the Missouri River that flowed through and around the city, we reached Downtown Omaha. It was awesome seeing the skyscrapers, its symbolism is meaningful since in LA there's a bunch of skyscrapers so I felt some comfort seeing that. 

My first day here in Omaha wasn't so bad. It's just the matter of exploring where you are and welcoming something new. 

Well off to continue my adventure and discovering more on the Midwest.


Downtown Omaha during sunset (Eff Ay Photo.)


2 comments: